- The incumbent will on daily basis perform fraud investigation activities and will assist Manager Fraud Investigation to ensure that fraud cases are promptly & properly investigated, whilst complying with Bank’s internal policies, procedures and guidelines as well as rules, regulations & instructions issued by regulator/statutory bodies.
Investigation of Fraud Cases:
- Execution of fraud investigations and coordination with fraud investigation team, where required, to ensure that fraud cases are thoroughly investigated and reported.
- Fraud Case Referral, Database Management and Coordination
- To assist Manager Fraud Investigation on daily basis, with the management, administration, investigation and reporting of fraud issues received at Fraud Investigation Unit.
- Ensure that Central Fraud Database is updated and case files are maintained to the appropriate standard;
- Coordinate with other departments/business units where needed for the management/closure of reported Fraud cases.
Reporting of Fraud & Forgery Cases and Analysis:
- To ensure timely preparation of periodic frauds cases internal/external, regulatory reports as per defined frequencies and time frames or as & when required.
- To assist Manager Fraud Investigation in regular reporting of the cases to Disciplinary Action Committee and implementation of recommendations.
General / Other Assigned Tasks:
- Obtain regular updates from concerned unit / department for recovery of losses due to fraud, illegal or inappropriate activities.
- To assist Manager Fraud Investigation in conducting fraud awareness trainings sessions for capacity building of Bank staff.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Manager Fraud Investigations and Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
- Preferably a Masters from HEC recognized institute with top quartile grades with specialization in business administration/commerce/accounting/ finance/economics/law.
Duration and Nature of Previous Experience:
- Atleast three years’ experience of fraud investigation / audit / risk management / credit / branch banking operations/sales in a financial institution preferably a commercial/microfinance Bank.
- Must have strong understanding of fraud & forgery concepts and legal & regularity requirements. Well versed with industry trends and fraud mitigation options coupled with strong investigation / analytical & reporting skills.
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity & confidentiality.
- Good interviewing and interrogation skills along with the capability of drafting reports.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good organizational skills to manage a high volume of cases.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Holds no bars to travel extensively across KMBL’s network.
Fraud Detection, Report Writing, Internal Audit,