Application Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for keeping the production systems up and running, that include BE (SOD, EOD, EOM and related activities).
· The job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide support including day & night support as required during the execution of EoD, EoM, EoY and other activities.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to end users and vendors
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Understanding corporate culture along with team leading skills
- Willing to travel across country as required in the course of business requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes:
- Minimum Bachelors in Information Technology or in Computer Science with emphasis on Software Engineering from HEC recognized university.
- Prior experience on supporting of Bank Essentials (CBS) application will have preference.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- A fully hands-on professional who is able to work independently
- Highly motivated with an interest in solving problems
- Technical skills in .Net Technologies, C# or Java, SQL Server 2005 / 2008, Oracle, MySQL, VSS/SVN
- Good communication and customer service skills, with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization
- knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies & environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value talent diversity at our Bank. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, gender, marital status, race, religion, or disability status. Therefore, all qualified candidates are welcomed and encouraged to apply on our positions.