The incumbent will on daily basis perform fraud monitoring activities and will assist his line manager in ensuring that fraud losses are minimized and fraud risks are mitigated on a proactive basis, whilst complying with Bank’s internal policies, procedures and guidelines as well as rules, regulations & instructions issued by regulator/statutory bodies.
Ensure appropriate customer facilitation in line with regulatory framework on Fair Treatment of Customer.
- By using rule based online fraud monitoring system to monitor Debit card, ADC/internet banking related authorizations and transactions to identify any fraudulent behavior and unusual transaction patterns.
- Identify/detect cases on daily basis, investigate the methods and processes used in fraudulent activities and ensure their completion/closure within the defined turnaround times.
- To ensure that all investigations are conducted with full regard to due process rules including principles of fairness, efficiency and confidentiality.
- To assist in developing and implementation of fraud transaction monitoring rules to detect unauthorized card usage and to detect unauthorized ADC & internet banking transactions.
Fraud Database Management, Reporting & Coordination
- Updating fraud database on real time basis and maintenance of case files to the appropriate standard.
- Assist in preparation of fraud prevention & analysis reports and ensure submission of periodic reports as per defined frequencies and time frames.
- Liaise with branches, departments, member banks and central bank, etc. for fraud related issues.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Fraud Monitoring Supervisor, Manager Fraud Investigations and Chief Risk Officer
Education & Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration/commerce/accounting/ finance or economics from HEC recognized/overseas university.
- 1 year of experience in banking operations, preference will be given to candidate having relevant experience in fraud monitoring or investigation in a financial institution.
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity & confidentiality.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of emerging payment systems fraud & security trends.
- Good interviewing and interrogation skills along with the capability of drafting reports.
- Good organizational skills to manage a high volume of cases.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Willing to travel extensively across KMBL’s network.
Banking Operations, Fraud Monitoring, Fraud Detection,