Database Administrator is responsible to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance-tune production databases. Develop, implement, and oversee corporate database standards, policies and procedures to ensure integrity and availability of databases and accompanying software.Scope of Work Scope of work covers the following responsibilities:
1. Create and maintain database designs in popular RDBMS such as Oracle and MS SQL Server
2. Maintain day-to-day operations of the production and test databases including writing complex queries to support daily operations
3. Analyze , sustain capacity and performance tune databases for optimal efficiency of database and application systems
4. Implement, configure and troubleshoot database instances, clustering, mirroring, replication, backup, partitions, storage and access
5. Troubleshoot problems with database and application servers to resolve routine issues in a timely manner
6. Plan, coordinate and implement security measures and maintain data standards to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
7. Provide database support to internal development team.
8. Configure and maintain RDBMS on Unix, Linux and Windows platforms
9. Write and maintain database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionaryProfile The ideal candidates for this position should possess the following profile:
- Preferably Masters in Information Technology or Computer Science with emphasis on database systems from a reputable university.
- Minimum five years relevant experience of maintaining large databases.
- Prior work experience in a banking environment would be an added advantage.
- Adept with management of multiple RDBMS on large systems.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
Well organized with good time management and troubleshooting skills