Manager Data Analytics
Responsible for working closely with IT to ensure that the data analytics requirements are fully catered for when implementing a BI & Data warehousing solution for Khushali Microfinance Bank (KMBL). Understand the overall data architecture of the current and future landscape with a view to ensuring that all data reporting requirements are catered for. Anticipate future data requirements and ensure the planning thereof with a view to supporting the enablement and monetizing of the data to support business transformation and the digital financial strategy.Key Responsibilities
1.Data Architecture Strategy
- Develop a detailed and through understanding of current data architecture within the Bank, identify gaps and highlight opportunities to improve current landscape.
- Develop a detailed data architecture strategy supporting the current business transformation by working closely with the technical teams to ensure all data related requirements are catered for in the current and future technical roll out
- Lead the development and execution of fact-based reporting and apply expertise linking of a variety of disparate data sources including web, transactional & third party data to product business insights, dashboards, standardized reporting statistical models and customer segmentation.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
2.Data Analysis & Reporting
- Provide meaningful analysis and trends by understanding source data and conditions to explain outcomes to stakeholders. Identify trends and implications of the results, course correcting when necessary.
- Provide actionable insights and build collaborative working relationships with team members across the organization
- Be the primary resource for analytics including web, mobile (apps & site), email and cross platform reporting.
- Establish KPI’s and related metrics, analyze website key performance metrics & competitive trending and be responsible for the digital analytics roadmap.
- Oversee all analytics operations to correct discrepancies and ensure quality.
3.Data Analytics Development
- Identify optimization opportunities and high value segmentation strategies.
- Take the lead on digital metrics projects that require technical implementation (i.e. establishing new data capture, new data structure, data feeds etc.)
- Maintain relationships with various vendor partners, ensuring accuracy of information and troubleshooting any issues on an on-going basis.
- Manage and lead testing on analytical projects with self-sufficiency in a fast paced business environment.
- Perform any relevant tasks assigned by line manager in relation to data analytics in order to ensure its successful implementation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other attributesEducation
- Preferably a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Analytics or a related field from an HEC recognized / overseas University. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Passionate about business value derived from data analysis.
- Well versed in in ETL development & reporting.
- Experienced in using a variety of data modelling & visualization tools i.e. ER/Studio, Oracle SQL, ErWin, Sparx, SAS, R, Python, Watson studio, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Must be capable of taking smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Self-starter, with an excellent understanding of digital technology trends.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, business heads and in particular with technical teams.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Exhibits and upholds KMBL’s values and social performance objectives.
Duration and Nature of Previous Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience within telecommunications, consulting or financial services industry.