Application Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for keeping the production systems up and running, that include BE (SOD, EOD, EOM and related activities).
· The job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide support including day & night support as required during the execution of EoD, EoM, EoY and other activities.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to end users and vendors
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Understanding corporate culture along with team leading skills
- Willing to travel across country as required in the course of business requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes:
- Minimum Bachelors in Information Technology or in Computer Science with emphasis on Software Engineering from HEC recognized university.
- Prior experience on supporting of Bank Essentials (CBS) application will have preference.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- A fully hands-on professional who is able to work independently
- Highly motivated with an interest in solving problems
- Technical skills in .Net Technologies, C# or Java, SQL Server 2005 / 2008, Oracle, MySQL, VSS/SVN
- Good communication and customer service skills, with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization
- knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies & environments