Audit team lead is responsible for performing internal audit activity, supervise planning, development of audit programs, conduct management audits for departments within given timeline, assist in development of audit test programs, checklists and build capacity of auditors and junior auditors.
Perform internal audit procedures and facilitate planning of audit programs
1. Perform internal auditing work that involves conducting full scope / surprise audits of branches, within given time lines, ensuring objectivity and quality during execution, conduct audit planning, prepare sampling plans etc. Prepare/finalize of audit reports and executive summaries within given time lines.
1.1. Perform audit procedures, including developing and conducting interviews and surveys, developing and documenting audit evidence, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting processes and procedures, performing tests as necessary and identifying and defining issues and recommendations.
1.2. Supervise planning phase of individual audits including risk assessment activities, engagement letter and planning package preparation, define risks, controls and develop tests resulting in documented executable audit programs, perform process walk-throughs, organizes opening/closing meetings and materials and prepares information request for auditee.
1.3. Ensure completion of working papers, audit files, relevant audit test programs and risk rating models during/after execution of audit.
1.4. Highlight significant issues / red alerts pertaining to branches to audit management.
1.5. Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards. Independently work under the general direction of the Senior Auditor / Head / Manager Audit with latitude for initiative and independent judgment in areas under review.
Conduct management & departmental audit within given timeline
2. Conduct management audits/departmental audits of regional offices and corporate office departments in the capacity of team in-charge/team member within given time lines, ensuring objectivity and quality during execution. Assist in audit planning, preparation of sampling plans, preparation/finalization of audit reports and executive summaries within given time lines.
Assist in development of audit test programs & checklists
3. Develop/update audit test programs/checklists etc perform special projects at the directions of, or in assistance to Senior Auditor / Manager Audit or Head of Internal Audit.
4. Represent internal audit in organizational project teams.
5. Develop and maintain productive staff relationships
6. Train/build capacity of Auditors & Junior Auditors.
7. Abreast with latest audit approach and techniques for inclusion in audit programs and ensure continuous professional development of audit function.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other attributes
Duration and nature of previous experience