Responsible for the preparation and submission of tax returns across Pakistan.
Maintain & Update Tax Records
- Ensure accuracy of direct and indirect tax related transactions in books of accounts.
- Maintain all tax records as per applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Monthly reconciliations and adjustments of related transactions as required.
Prepare and file tax returns.
- Compilation of direct / indirect tax statements / returns periodically.
- Federal and provincial submission of tax statements and returns.
- Compliance of tax payments within regulatory time frame.
Correspondence with branches on tax related activities
- Respond to all tax queries, raised by branches / tax authorities in consultation with Tax council.
- Track day to day changes in direct & indirect taxes and circulation across KBM branches.
- Document, monitor, evaluate, and update internal procedures and processes for effective compliance activities
- Respond to inspection on taxation matters and tax audit proceedings.
- Any additional tasks assigned by line manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes
- Part qualified / qualified CA/ACCA/ICMA or preferably Masters in Business Administration or Commerce with specialization in taxation.
- Proficient in processing tax deposits, deductions and returns.
- Sound knowledge of Federal and provincial Sales Tax Act, Federal Excise Act and related circulars and its interpretation.
- Good time management skills.
- Willing to travel across KMBL network.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Exhibits and upholds KMBLs values and social performance objectives.
Duration and nature of previous experience
- 2 - 3 years of work experience in field of tax accounting.