IT Auditor is responsible for conducting IS audit under the supervision of Sr. IT Auditor in accordance with IS audit standards, guidelines and best practices. Ensure that the bank's IT policies & practices are aligned with business objectives.
Audit Planning and Documentation
- Contribution in the audit planning process by assisting in the development of audit objectives, audit programs and detailed test procedures that effectively address key controls and risks.
- Preparation of audit working papers and audit reports summarizing scope, methodology, and significant conclusions of audit procedures performed within prescribed time frames
Execution of Audit
- Examination, technical analysis, evaluation/reviews of internal controls and underlying system documentation in key technology risk areas with a strong focus on infrastructure and business / banking applications, to ensure compliance with internal policies, applicable laws/regulations and other standards.
- Integrated audits with the financial auditors during branch and management audits.
- Effectively reporting gaps/weaknesses identified during audit executions and recommending corrective measures.
- Performance of special projects / assignments as assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes
- Minimum 1 - 2 years IT Audit experience, preferably with a bank or financial institution.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer sciences or some other computer related field.
- CISA and/or other relevant certification are preferred.
- The candidate should have a strong working knowledge and background in a combination of the following technical areas:
- Banking applications
- desktop operating systems (Windows/Active Directory)
- client/server operating systems
- networking (firewalls, IPS/IDS, local/wide/metropolitan area networks etc)
- database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server etc)
- virtualization (VMWare)
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply general and specific administrative departmental policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations
- Overall understanding of audit techniques, internal controls and audit principles.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to write clear and concise audit recommendations and reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ACL / other data analytical applications / softwares.