Manager Operational Risk is responsible for providing effective operational risk analysis to aid in the development and implementation of sound operational risk polices & procedures while optimizing operational risk/return trade off.
- Development & implementation of operational risk management policy, framework, procedures & strategies:
- Development, implementation/maintenance of operational risk management strategies, limits, policy & procedure as a part of overall risk policy and framework to mitigate / minimize losses resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or external events and to support bank wide Risk Management.
Development & implementation of operational risk management tools:
- Identifying, measuring, monitoring and recommending strategies to mitigate operational risk. It includes development of assessment and monitoring tools to ensure that banks overall operational risk exposure is maintained at prudent levels and consistent as part of overall risk management framework.
- Implement phase wise operational risk tools in order to identify operational risk.
- Operational risk assessment of branches/business units:
- Execution & supervision of operational risk assessment of branches and business units.
- Prepare & supervise gap reports by visiting sample branches/business units to oversee the effectiveness of control implemented and independent review.
Analyze operations & fraud risk data:
- Supervise root cause analysis & reports of frauds and all other losses in the bank for executive management, the board, regulators and other key stakeholders as & when required. And make recommendations through CRO for improvements.
- Analyzing operational results of operational processes, people and systems & external events and provide recommendations.
- Prepare & supervise the periodic reports & analysis for executive management, the board, regulators and other key stakeholders as & when required.
- Develop new reporting and enhance existing reporting and presentation formats. Support analysis of various dimensions of different operating areas and validate operational risk model performance.
Review of Bank policies, procedures and systems:
- Conducting periodic review of Bank policies, procedures and systems for identifications of gaps and to ensure regulations are adhered to at-least and banking best practices are being proposed as a proactive approach where needed.
- Supervise maintenance and updating of Loss database.
- Assist CRO in follow-up and resolution of meeting minutes, decisions taken, recommendations of the management with concerned departments/ management, etc.
- Continuous capacity building, training and supervision of subordinates.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by CRO/management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes
- Preferably ACA /ACCA /ACMA/ CFA or MBA Finance / M.Com, MA/ M.Sc (with Mathematics / Statistics/ Finance subjects) from recognized institution.
- Expertise in application of financial and operational risk management procedures.
- Sound knowledge of financial products.
- Well organized with good time management.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite particularly in word processing & spreadsheet.
- Exhibits and upholds KMBLs values and social performance objectives.
Duration and Nature of Previous Experience
- 3 5 years experience of audit / credit / financial accounts / risk management / retail management in an audit firm or corporate / multinational organization.