Manage, develop and implement the credit risk functions for the bank in line with the Risk Management Policy and framework, adhering to best international standards and practices.
- Establish & strengthen governance of credit risk through the development and ongoing review of risk appetite, policy, procedures and limits in order to ensure that losses associated with potential default may be avoided. Propose risk limits for credit risk on portfolio basis to assess that credit risk remains within the risk appetite approved by the BOD.
- Develop and review of credit risk models / monitoring tools to assess that bank’s overall credit risk exposure is maintained at prudent levels and consistent with the available capital.
- Review of credit policy, credit procedures, business strategy and collection & default management strategies. Recommend collection & default benchmarks / efficiency rates bank-wide basis.
- Review of product programs/manuals including financial viability/profitability based on projections, risk/return tradeoff, expected losses, delinquency etc. Assessing that such manuals/ programs are in accordance with the risk management policies and framework.
- Develop/Review the stress testing framework, perform stress tests using reasonable scenarios and in accordance with the regulatory requirements (as applicable) and generally accepted practices and reporting the results to the stakeholders on periodic basis.
- Supervise transactional review of MSME portfolio on sample basis to determine the overall risk profile. Random visits of branches to check whether practices are in line with policies, procedures and regulations. Conduct trainings of frond-end staff on credit risk culture.
- Review/ assess the overdue accounts, collections efficiency, and default concentrations, provisions made against defaults, recoveries made against write-off cases, re-scheduling/ re-structuring, exceptions, write-offs etc. to propose recommendations for improvement purposes. Review Bank’s performance against KPI, KRIs and budget/Business Plan.
- Supervise/Prepare regularly scheduled business and credit risk reports and presentations for management, RMC, and BRMC. Compile analysis of compliance status inclusive of explanations for trends & deviations. Ongoing monitoring, analyses and timely reporting of credit risk to management, RMC and BRMC in compliance with risk policy and procedures. Update the reporting requirements in the light of changing market dynamics to strengthen the reporting framework and presentation formats for portfolio analysis.
- Regular coordination/meetings with internal and external stake holders on day to day issues pertain to credit risk area. Responsible for development /grooming of subordinates
- Perform any other responsibility as assigned by the Risk Management Committee, Board Risk Committee, President and any other competent authority from time to time.
- Preferred: Qualified ACA/ ACCA/ ACMA /CFA or MBA Finance / M.Com , MA/ M.Sc. (with Maths / Statistics/Finance subjects) from recognized institution
- Knowledge of financial products, including the ability to effectively explain same to others. A very good understanding of financial risk management concepts and applications.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment. Flexible individual having good social attributes
- Willing to travel across KBL network.
- Highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Inclined towards working in technology- driven environment and inclined towards working in a technology-driven environment.
Duration and Nature of Previous Experience
- At least 3-5 years Audit /credit /financial Accounts/Risk Management/Retail management work experience in an audit firm or KBL / commercial banks in large domestic or corporate / multinational organization.