Database Administrator is responsible to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance-tune production databases. Develop, implement, and oversee corporate database standards, policies and procedures to ensure integrity and availability of databases and accompanying software.
Design , maintain and monitor performance of databases
- Create and maintain database designs in popular RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL Server 2008
- Maintain day-to-day operations of the production and test databases including writing complex queries to support daily operations
- Analyze , sustain capacity and performance tune databases for optimal efficiency of database and application systems
Troubleshoot database problems
- Implement, configure and troubleshoot database instances, clustering, mirroring, replication, backup, partitions, storage and access
- Troubleshoot problems with database and application servers to resolve routine issues in a timely manner
Implement security measures, maintain RDBMS and documentation pertaining to database
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures and maintain data standards to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Provide database support to internal development team.
- Configure and maintain RDBMS on Unix, Linux and Windows platforms
- Write and maintain database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other attributes
- Preferably Masters in Information Technology or Computer Science with emphasis on database systems from a reputable university.
- Minimum five years relevant experience of maintaining large databases. Prior work experience in a banking environment would be an added advantage.
- Adept with management of multiple RDBMS on large systems.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Well organized with good time management and troubleshooting skills.