Administrating and implementing the Data Center operational activities across the Bank.
Operations & Support
- Maintain, monitor, analyze and troubleshoot data center equipment and software.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and identify root cause of issues and resolve users complaints within approved internal SLA.
- Perform data backup activity as per backup policy.
- Maintain environment control for the Data centers/IT rooms, support in testing disaster-recovery plans for the servers.
- Coordinate with various IT units and perform integration of critical systems into infrastructure.
- Prepare deployment plans for Microsoft as well as Open source platforms.
- Manage and implement Storage Area Network (SAN), data center computing (servers), operating systems and active directory infrastructure across the bank.
- Monitor and assess the efficiency, usage of SAN/Servers and develop action plan for improvement.
- Implement virtual environment for business applications and services.
Compliance & Reporting
- Implement and ensure full compliance of policy and procedures of Data Center.
- Report regular and detailed progress reports to the senior management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Data Center Manager.
- Report to Data Center Manager, the status of all events as per the escalation procedures.
- Assist the Data center manager regarding implementation of applicable Policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other attributes
- Master in IT/ Engineering/ Computer Science from a reputed HEC-recognized university/institution.
- Must demonstrate good command on data center standards.
- Experience in maintaining data backups and relating technologies (hardware and software both).
- Hands on experience of Windows server technologies, Active Directory Administration, Exchange Server, VMware, Microsoft Client & Server base environment.
- Hands on experience of High-end HP/IBM Blade servers and SAN/NAS.
- Having worked with Symantec Backup Exec, VERITAS foundation and Linux environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience of domain environment on Microsoft Platform is highly desirable.
- Suitable certification (e.g. MCSE / CCNA) will be preferred.
- Willing to work in different shifts
- Exhibits and upholds KBLs values and social performance objectives.
Duration & Nature of Previous Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with 2-3 years of experience in a similar position or equivalent in a large organization with multi-branch architecture.