Responsible for error free and efficient processing of deposits, withdrawals transactions, cheques and other negotiable instruments at the customer counter within stipulated turn around time, maintain database for reporting/record and assist OM in branch operations.
Cash Payment & Receipts:
- Responsible for handling of Cash at Premises including payment, receipts, transportation & petty cash management.
- Processing of Cash deposit, withdrawal local & on-line transactions in line with applicable procedures.
- Payment of Cash after proper verification as required e.g., customer, funds availability, cheque etc.
- Collection of loan recoveries receipt in line with laid down procedures & its system posting.
- Ensure cash/cheques and all other transactions are promptly & accurately recorded in system.
- Projection for cash requirements of the branch & ensure cash is maintained within prescribed insurance limits.
- Ensure Cash transportation is done strictly in line with applicable procedures.
- Keep physical cash balanced with system before leaving the seat during the day and at day end.
- Make sure that excess cash is duly insured (where required).
- Sorting of cash in line with SBP & KIM guidelines & its record maintenance.
- Responsible for SBP & Internal/External Audit of Cash Management & transactions etc
- Ensure TAT in processing of cash related transactions.
- Provide upto mark customer services at Cash Counter ensuring zero customer complaints.
- Provide support to branch in achieving sales targets by cross-selling KMBL products, particularly liability products.
- Cash handling experience in banks or financial/corporate sector will be preferred.
- Knowledge of SBP regulations on branch banking and cash management.
- Customer focused and good team member.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exhibits and upholds KMBL’s values and social performance objectives
- Minimum 14 years of education from HEC recognized university, in business administration/commerce/accounting/ finance or economics.
- Prior experience is not necessary.
Customer Handling, Customer Focused, Cash Handling,